Wurth Electronics' customers can choose between the WE-PoE, WE-PoEH, and WE-PoE+ power transformers depending on the power required by the powered device. All series use forward/flyback topology and are compatible with IEEE PoE standards.
With PoE according to IEEE 802.3af, currents of up to 350 mA per conductor pair are transmitted, whereas with PoE+ according to IEE 802.3at, currents up to 600 mA are possible. The voltage in both cases ranges between 48 V and 57 V. In the case of PoE connection, currents will be transmitted either isolated from the data signals on separate conductor pairs (this is only possible with 10/100 Base-T systems and only two pairs are used for signals), or they will be superimposed as PoE signals on top of the differential Ethernet signals.
WE-PoE: Power over Ethernet Transformer
- WE-PoE series are flyback transformers designed for PoE PDs. These transformers feature input voltages from 36 V to 57 V, isolation voltage of 1.5 kVAC/1 min, and switching frequencies from 200 kHz to 500 kHz.
MID-PoE: Power over Ethernet Transformer
- Power over Ethernet Transformers are small in size, cost-effective, and have low resistance. These transformers are optimized for PoE applications. The MID-PoE transformers feature a flat top for pick and place operation.
WE-PoE+: Power over Ethernet Plus Transformer
- WE-PoE+ transformers are designed to meet 30 W PoE+ objectives of IEEE802.3at. These transformers feature a frequency range of 250 kHz to 400 kHz and an input voltage range of 36 V to 72 V.
WE-PoEH: Power over Ethernet High Power Transformer
- Wurth Electronics WE-PoEH series are flyback or forward transformers with a standard footprint to EP13. These transformers offer different output voltages, have an input voltage range of 9 V or 33 V to 57 V, and switching frequencies from 200 kHz to 400 kHz. The WE-PoEH series feature an optimized core and bobbin design which allows 30% more power handling.
MID-POELT: Power over Ethernet Transformers for Linear Technology
- PoE/ PoE+/PoE++ transformers were developed in partnership with Linear Technology. These transformers use low profile EP and EFD packages, have low leakage inductance, and output power between 13 W to 90 W. Output voltages are 5 V,12 V, or 24 V.
MID-POETI: Power Over Ethernet Transformers for Texas Instruments
- MID-POETI transformers are small in size with a low profile allowing the components to be pick and placeable. The PoE transformers feature very low leakage inductance and low resistance. The MID-POETI series are available in EFD20, EP13, and ER19/4.8/15 packages.
- IP phones
- WLAN access points
- PoE powered devices for IEEE 802.3at, af, and bt applications
- Security cameras
- Wireless data systems
- Information displays