IIS3DWBTR 3-Axis Digital Vibration Sensor
STMicroelectronics' ultra-wide bandwidth, low-noise, 3-axis digital vibration sensor is particularly suitable for industrial applications
STMicroelectronics' IIS3DWB is a system-in-package featuring a 3-axis digital vibration sensor with low noise over an ultra-wide and flat frequency range. The wide bandwidth, low noise, very stable and repeatable sensitivity, together with the capability of operating over an extended temperature range (up to +105°C), make the device particularly suitable for vibration monitoring in industrial applications.
The high performance delivered at low power consumption, combined with the digital output and the embedded digital features like first-in, first-out (FIFO) and interrupts, is enabling functions for battery-operated industrial wireless sensor nodes.
The IIS3DWB has a selectable full-scale acceleration range of ±2 g/±4 g/±8 g/±16 g and is capable of measuring accelerations with a bandwidth up to 6 kHz with an output data rate of 26.7 kHz. A 3 kB FIFO buffer is integrated into the device to avoid any data loss and to limit the intervention of the host processor.
- 3-axis vibration sensor with digital output
- User-selectable full-scale: ±2 g/±4 g/±8 g/±16 g
- Ultra-wide and flat frequency response range: from DC to 6 kHz (±3 dB point)
- Ultra-low noise density: down to 75 μg/√Hz in 3-axis mode / 60 μg/√Hz in single axis mode
- High stability of the sensitivity over temperature and against mechanical shocks
- Extended temperature range from -40°C to +105°C
- Low power: 1.1 mA with all 3 axes delivering full performance
- SPI (serial peripheral interface)
- Low-pass or high-pass filter with selectable cut-off frequency
- Interrupts for wake-up/vibration - no vibration/FIFO thresholds
- Embedded FIFO: 3 kB
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test
- Supply voltage: 2.1 V to 3.6 V
- Compact package: LGA 2.5 mm x 3 mm x 0.83 mm 14-lead
- ECOPACK, RoHS, and Green compliant