Wireless Gecko Series 2 Enables Next-Generation Connected Products
Silicon Labs' Wireless Gecko Series 2 platform is designed to bring high performance, low power, and secure solutions to the Internet of Things
Silicon Labs' Wireless Gecko Series 2 devices are the next evolution of Wireless Gecko devices that are designed to increase processing capability, improve RF performance, and lower active current, while providing a higher level of security.
The first products in Silicon Labs' Series 2 portfolio include EFR32MG21 SoCs supporting multiprotocol, Zigbee®, Thread, and Bluetooth® mesh networking, and EFR32BG21 SoCs dedicated to Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) and Bluetooth mesh. These SoCs provide ideal solutions for line-powered IoT products including gateways, hubs, lights, voice assistants, and smart electric meters.
Series 2 SoCs provide developers with unmatched system design advantages:
- Best-in-class RF performance with +20 dBm output power and up to +124.5 dB link budget
- Robust wireless radio with improved blocking performance
- Powerful processing with an 80 MHz Arm® Cortex®-M33 core with TrustZone technology
- Low active current (50.9 µA/MHz) to meet stringent green energy requirements, a benefit of manufacturing on low-power 40 nm process technology
- Industry's smallest multiprotocol SoCs in a 4 mm x 4 mm QFN package
- Lower BOM count and system cost with fewer matching components and no need for external inductors or power amplifiers
Secure by Design
- A dedicated security core enables faster, lower-power encryption than software techniques
- A true random number generator (TRNG) strengthens device cryptography
- Secure boot loading ensures authenticity of firmware images and over-the-air updates
- Secure debug access control helps OEMs prevent unauthorized access to end products
EFR32 Blue Gecko Series 2 Bluetooth Wireless SoC
The first family of devices in Series 2 are EFR32BG21, a 2.4 GHz wireless SOC optimized for line-powered BLE and Bluetooth mesh applications, including connected lighting, smart plugs, gateways, and voice assistants. An 80 MHz Arm Cortex-M33 core provides plenty of processing capability while a dedicated security core provides faster encryption, secure boot loading, and debug access control.
EFR32 Mighty Gecko Series 2 Multiprotocol Wireless SoC
The first family of devices in Series 2 are EFR32MG21, a 2.4 GHz wireless SoC optimized for line-powered Zigbee, Thread and Bluetooth mesh applications, including connected lighting, gateways, voice assistants, and smart metering. An 80 MHz Arm Cortex-M33 core provides plenty of processing capability while a dedicated security core provides faster encryption, secure boot loading, and debug access control.
EFR32xG21 Wireless Gecko Starter Kit- SLWSTK6006A
The EFR32xG21Wireless Start Kit supports Bluetooth, Zigbee, Thread, and Multiprotocol Zigbee/Bluetooth software stacks. Our software provides one-click access to design tools, documentation, software, and support resources for Wireless Modules and SoCs using Bluetooth. Get up and running quickly with precompiled demos, application notes, and examples. Use advanced tools including energy profiling and network analysis to optimize your wireless systems.
- 3 x wireless starter kit mainboard
- 3 x EFR32MG21 2.4 GHz +20 dBm radio board
- 3 x EFR32MG21 2.4 GHz +10 dBm radio board
- AA battery board (supports running +20 from batteries)