Grayhill’s touch encoder provides product development engineers simplified designs for industrial, digital audio and visual, medical, and off-highway markets.
The touch encoder represents innovation in Human Machine Interface (HMI). It is an encoder with a P-CAP, high resolution touch screen that is capable of multiple programmable interactive widgets. The encoder is IP67 sealed, IK6 impact resistant, USB 2.0 or CAN J1939 compliant, and tablet programmable based. The touch encoder provides limitless possibilities for HMI. It combines multiple devices into one, saving panel space. Just tap, swipe, and turn. It is that easy.
Designers use an intuitive tablet development app that allow them to personalize multi-touch gestures, generate images, and customize the display. They can also use Trigger Logic™ which eliminates the need for a software engineer to configure the device.
Examples of Applications
- Kitchen and industrial equipment: the touch encoder makes a great choice for commercial kitchen equipment, fabrication and production assembly equipment, and surface-mount technology (SMT). By combining multiple HMI technologies, engineers can save on unit price and tooling costs, while the simplified interface also makes worker training easier
- Medical: the touch encoder’s ease of use and IP67 sealing both in back and in front of the panel, as well as its adaptability, make designing the TE in medical applications such as ultrasound machines, patient transport, and sterilization equipment a standout product for consideration by designers
- Off-road: be it armrests, dashboards, or marine applications, designers can benefit from the touch encoder’s no-look operation, impact resistance, and CAN bus interface
|Key advantages include
- No look operation
- Supports multiple configuration options
- Easier and less costly to support multiple languages
- Supports tap, swipe, and rotation gestures
- Consolidates multiple component functionalities
- Sealed construction (IP67)
- Impact resistant (IK6)