Qualcomm's Bluetooth Smart (often known as Bluetooth Low Energy) enables low power devices and sensors to connect to the latest smartphones and tablets. Bluetooth Smart was introduced with the Bluetooth 4.0 specification, and enabled a new low power radio.
Qualcomm µEnergy silicon provides a complete Bluetooth qualified solution to develop products that make use of the Bluetooth Low Energy standard. The device is Bluetooth v4.0 qualified, supporting Master or Slave mode operation.
Application development is enabled by the Qualcomm µEnergy® SDK which provides full stack support with GATT level interface, example applications, and profiles.
- Analog IOs
- UART interface
- Switch-mode power supply
- Master and slave operation
- PWMs and quadrature decoders
- 1 µA integrated key scanning hardware
- Peripheral (I2C) and debug interfaces (SPI)
- Integrated, Bluetooth 4.0 qualified stack
- SDK with compiler and application examples
- Up to 32 re-assignable programmable digital IOs
- 16-bit microprocessor with 64 Kbytes RAM and 64 Kbytes ROM
- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy radio with direct, single-ended, 50 Ω antenna connection