SmartMesh By Analog Devices
SmartMesh wireless sensor networking products are chips and pre-certified PCB modules, complete with mesh networking software, enabling sensors to communicate in tough Industrial Internet of Things (IoT) environments.
SmartMesh embedded wireless sensor networks deliver >99.999% data reliability and >10 year battery life, making it practical to deploy wireless sensor networks in the most challenging environments:
- Tough RF Environments, having extensive metal and concrete, including industrial plants, data centers, commercial building monitoring, bridges, tunnels.
- Large Area Networks, such as street parking applications, smart street lighting networks spanning multiple city blocks, commercial irrigation.
- Dense Deployments, where thousands of nodes operate within radio range of each other, for instance data centers, utility scale solar farms.
- Networks on Moving Vehicles, including rail cars, cargo containers, semi trucks or aircraft.
- Long, Extended Networks, including pipelines, mines, tunnels, bridges, fence line and smart street lighting.
- Remote Monitoring, where all nodes must be powered by battery or energy harvesting, such as oil fields, agriculture or environmental monitoring.
Analog Devices’ SmartMesh IP network consists of a highly scalable self-forming multi-hop mesh of wireless nodes. These nodes are known as motes, which collect and relay data. They contain a network manager that monitors and manages network performance and security, and exchanges data with a host application.
SmartMesh IP Motes are the wireless nodes in a SmartMesh IP network. They connect to sensors/actuators and route data from other motes, yet remain low power. Each mote can both send and receive messages (supports bidirectional data). The motes may have a different data reporting rate and the network manager will automatically coordinate individual pair-wise communications to efficiently route the traffic. A mote may have a different power supply capability (e.g. line-, battery-, or energy- harvested power). The network manager will load balance traffic accordingly to extend time until the network's first battery replacement
Analog Devices’ SmartMesh WirelessHART complies with the WirelessHART (IEC 62591) standard. These are some of the lowest power consumption products in its class. SmartMesh WirelessHART network managers and 802.15.4 motes (nodes) comprise a complete wireless mesh networking system. Both the network managers and the 802.15.4 motes are available in multiple form-factors.
The SmartMesh team pioneered the Time Synchronized Mesh Protocol that underpins the WirelessHART standard and SmartMesh WirelessHART products have been deployed with most of the Fortune 500 companies that make WirelessHART compliant sensor networking products for industrial applications.