VersaLogic introduces the Osprey, an extremely small, rugged, and embedded computer. This next generation of the VersaLogic embedded processing unit (EPU) format combines processor, memory, video, and system I/O into an extremely compact, full-function embedded computer. Driven by the low-power Intel® 22 nm Silvermont microarchitecture, the Osprey provides up to 1.9 GHz of performance with quad-, dual-, and single-core processor (CPU) options. The computer has a footprint just slightly larger than a credit card. It combines the 4th generation Intel® Atom™ “Bay Trail” processor, with system interfaces, in a form-factor designed to withstand extreme temperature, impact, and vibration.
Osprey’s I/O connectivity includes dual Gigabit Ethernet ports with network boot capability, one USB 3.0, four USB 2.0 ports, I2C, eight digital I/O’s, and two serial ports. A SATA 3 Gbits/s interface supports high-capacity rotating or solid-state drives. Full- and half-sized mini PCIe sockets, a microSD socket, and on-board eMMC (on some models) provide flexible solid-state drive (SSD) options. Systems can be enhanced by leveraging the mini PCIe sockets with plug-in Wi-Fi modems, GPS receivers, MIL-STD-1553, Ethernet, Firewire, and other mini PCIe cards/modules.
As with all VersaLogic products, the Osprey is designed to support OEM applications where high reliability and long-term availability are required. From application design-in support, to its 5+ year production life guarantee, the Osprey provides a durable embedded computer solution with an excellent cost of ownership.
- A complete x86 embedded computer
- -40°C to 85°C operating temperature
- Extremely small (55 mm x 95 mm x 27 mm)
- Shock and vibration per MIL-STD-202G
- 4th generation Intel® Atom™ processor ("Bay Trail")
- E3845 (quad-core)
- E3827 (dual-core)
- E3815 (single-core)
- OS compatibility
- 10 Windows/8/7
- Windows embedded standard 7
- Dual gigabit Ethernet
- USB 3.0 ports
- USB 2.0 ports
- Serial I/O ports
- I2C port
- eMMC Flash (up to 8 GB)
- MicroSD card socket
- Wide input voltage range (8 V to 17 V)
- VersaAPI software support
- Fanless operation
- Customization available in quantities as low as one-hundred pcs.
- Up to 4 GB DDR3L soldered-on RAM
- DisplayPort++ and LVDS video output
- Full-size mini PCIe socket with mSATA support
- Half-size mini PCIe socket