Texas Instruments' Tiva C-series microcontrollers integrate a large variety of rich communication features to enable a class of highly connected designs with the ability to allow critical, real-time control between performance and power. The microcontrollers feature integrated communication peripherals along with other high-performance analog and digital functions to offer a strong foundation for many different target uses spanning from human-machine interface to networked system management controllers.
In addition, Tiva C-series microcontrollers offer the advantages of ARM's widely available development tools, system-on-chip (SoC) infrastructure, and a large user community. Additionally, these microcontrollers use ARM's Thumb®-compatible Thumb-2 instruction set to reduce memory requirements and, thereby, cost. Finally, the TM4C1294KCPDT microcontroller is code-compatible to all members of the extensive Tiva C-series, providing flexibility to fit precise needs.
Texas Instruments offers a complete solution to get to market quickly, with evaluation and development boards, white papers and application notes, an easy-to-use peripheral driver library, and a strong support, sales, and distributor network.
- ARM Cortex-M4F processor core
- 120 MHz operation; 150 DMIPS performance
- 512 KB Flash memory
- 256 KB, single-cycle system SRAM
- 6 KB of EEPROM
- Internal ROM loaded with TivaWare™ for C-series software
- 8-, 16-, and 32-bit dedicated external peripheral interface (EPI) for peripherals and memory
- Cyclical redundancy check (CRC) hardware with 16- and 32-bit hash function that supports four CRC forms
- Support for four tamper inputs and configurable tamper event response
- Communication interfaces
- Eight universal, asynchronous receivers/transmitters (UARTs)
- Four quad-synchronous serial interface (QSSI) modules with bi-, quad-, and advanced SSI support
- Ten inter-integrated circuit (I2C) modules with four transmission speeds including high-speed mode
- Two controller area network (CAN) 2.0 A/B controllers
- 10/100 Ethernet MAC
- Ethernet PHY with IEEE 1588 PTP hardware support
- Universal serial bus (USB) 2.0 OTG/host/device with ULPI interface option and link power management (LPM) support