ADI's ADP7104 low dropout (LDO) linear regulator provides up to 500 mA of output current and operates from 3.3 V to 20 V. This high input regulator is ideal for the regulation of high-performance analog and mixed-signal circuits operating from 19 V to 1.22 V rails. Using an advanced proprietary architecture, it provides high power supply rejection, low noise, and achieves excellent line and load transient response with just a small 1 μF ceramic output capacitor.
The ADP7104 is available in seven fixed output voltage options and an adjustable version, which allows output voltages that range from 1.22 V to VIN − VDO via an external feedback divider. The outputs include: 1.22 V, 1.5 V, 1.8 V, 2.5 V, 3 V, 3.3 V, 5 V, and 9 V. The regulator’s output noise voltage is 15 μVRMS and is independent of the output voltage. A digital power-good output allows power system monitors to check the health of the output voltage. A user programmable precision under-voltage lockout function facilitates the sequencing of multiple power supplies.
The ADP7104 is available in 8-lead, 3 mm × 3 mm LFCSP and 8-lead SOIC packages. The LFCSP offers a very compact solution and also provides excellent thermal performance for applications requiring up to 500 mA of output current in a small, low-profile footprint. The ADP7104 was specifically designed for test, measurement, and noise sensitive applications.
- Maximum output current: 500 mA
- Input voltage range: 3.3 V to 20 V
- Low noise: 15 µVRMS for fixed output versions
- PSRR performance of 60 dB @ 10 kHz at VOUT=3.3 V
- Reverse current protection
- Low dropout voltage: 350 mV at 500 mA
- Initial accuracy: ±0.8%
- ADC, DAC circuits
- Precision amplifiers
- High-frequency oscillators, clocks, and PLLs
- Communications and infrastructure
- Medical and healthcare
- Industrial and instrumentation
- Regulation to noise sensitive applications