Skip navigation
Digi-Key TechXchange Communities > General > Discussions
3144 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Feb 13, 2014 11:55 AM by kurtscamerarepair RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Feb 13, 2014 11:55 AM

Pinch roller (sort of)

Hi, and thanks to anyone with ideas. We are repairing a Noblex panorama film camera. The roller that controls the lens swing movement is a metal anodized wheel with some kind of coating on it that is pressed against the exposed smooth shaft of the motor. The coating is breaking down and needs to be replaced but I have no idea what it is. However, the entire operation, to me, looks just like an oversized pinch roller. My question is: Is there something that can be glued on or painted on that will give the friction properties like a pinch roller? The wheel has to have friction enough so a smooth motor shaft will turn it evenly. Am I barking up the right tree? IMG_4162.JPG

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)


  • Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points