What is the SensorTile Curriculum?
- The SensorTile Curriculum is open source university-level coursework created for those seeking hands-on experience in real-time embedded systems based on Arm®-Core microcontrollers.
- It is based on the SensorTile development kit, a new Internet-of-Things (IoT) system integrating a state-of-the-art Arm Cortex® M4 MCU, wireless interfaces, and sensors.
- The curriculum was developed and first introduced by the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) with the mission of introducing students to embedded systems and IoT technology using a new learning ecosystem. It consists of a series of programming tutorials to help young engineers with real world challenges in the IoT. You can find the contributors here.
Is this course right for me?
Unsure whether Introduction to Embedded Systems with SensorTile will have an impact on your education or career? Read our blog post to see why this course is already so popular and the life lessons it teaches along the way: Two Life Lessons from Learning Embedded Systems with SensorTile.
How to get started:
- Purchase the SensorTile development kit, the STM32 Nucleo Board, a mini USB cable, and a micro USB cable.
- Access the SensorTile Curriculum (Tutorial 1 will guide you through the installation of the free development tools and required drivers, and includes a sample project).
- Enjoy the SensorTile learning experience!
SensorTile Development Kit
STEVAL-STLKT01V1 SensorTile Development Kit
The STEVAL-STLKT01V1 is a comprehensive development kit designed to support and expand the capabilities of the SensorTile and comes with a set of cradle boards enabling hardware scalability. The development kit simplifies prototyping, evaluation and development of innovative solutions. It is complemented with software, firmware libraries and tools, including a dedicated mobile app.
Datasheets: STEVAL-STLKT01V1 User Manual, STEVAL-STLKT01V1 Data Brief, STEVAL-STLKT01V1 Quick Start Guide
Video File: STMicroelectronics | Digi-Key Daily
Design Resources: Development Tool Selector
STM32™ Nucleo Development Boards for STM32 Series
The STM32 Nucleo board provides an affordable and flexible way for users to try out new ideas and build prototypes with any STM32 microcontroller line, choosing from the various combinations of performance, power consumption and features.
Datasheets: NUCLEO-zzzzRx Data Brief, STM32F401xD, STM32F401xE, STM32 Nucleo User Manual, STM32 Nucleo Getting Started Manual, STM32 Nucleo Boards Flyer
Product Training Modules: Nucleo Ecosystem, STM32Cube, Pre-packaged Solutions for the Wearable Market
*For ordering multiple educational kits please contact MultiKitOrdering@digikey.com
||Manufacturer Part Number
||SENSORTILE DEV KIT
||BOARD NUCLEO STM32F4 SERIES
||Mini USB Cable
||3.00' MINI USB 2.0 CABLE
||Micro USB Cable
||3.00' MICRO USB 2.0 CABLE