Wurth Electronics' WE-CFWI series are coupled flat wire inductors for high-performance switching regulators. The windings in the WE-CFWI series can be connected in series and in parallel. This means the compact, double choke can be used in SEPIC, CUK, or buck/boost converters. The special core material enables high saturation currents of up to 62 A, which is four times higher than previously comparable double chokes. These components also feature a soft saturation current, a very tight tolerance inductance and very low DC resistance with only 10% tolerance, and has a leakage inductance of less than 0.5%, which reduces peaks in start-up currents. The excellent inductance stability over temperature and low DC resistance makes this component particularly suitable for high-performance switching regulators.
Wurth Electronics has extended the WE-CFWI series with two package sizes (1312 and 1813) with up to 100% higher inductance (values up to 10 µH) than the 1310 package size. With a 70% lower RDC, the WE-CFWI components can be operated with four times the rated current and 60% higher saturation current than the WE-DD series.
- Very low RDC
- Low inductance driver over temperature
- Operating temperature: -40°C up to +150°C
- Coupled inductor with two identical windings
- More variants due to parallel and series connection
- High power switching regulators
- 1:1 flyback converter
- Buck, boost, SEPIC, and CUK converter
- Switching regulators with secondary unregulated output voltages
- Battery cell charging balancer