VersaLogic’s VL-MPEe-E5E is a dual gigabit Ethernet mini PCIe expansion module that is extremely small and rugged. It provides an easy way to add Dual Gigabit Ethernet ports to most embedded computer systems.
This module is completely self-contained with on-board magnetic isolation. There is no need for off-board magnetics or special cabling. The placement of the on-board magnetics isolators has been designed to be compliant with the Intel Ethernet Controller design guidelines to assure proper operation and full data throughput.
For environments with high-temperature challenges, the VL-MPEe-E5E is designed and tested for full speed operation from -40°C to +85°C. The miniature on-board heat sinks provide the needed thermal dissipation for uncompromised throughput even at the top of the operating range.
The VL-MPEe-E5E uses a 16-pin Clik Mate™ latching connector to provide a mechanically secure connection. The module and cabling are tested for shock and vibration to MIL-STD-202G to ensure performance in demanding environments.
The VL-MPEe-E5E is compatible with a variety of popular operating systems including Windows and Linux. Additionally, it supports network boot capability. Like other VersaLogic products, the VL-MPEe-E5E is validated for operation in unforgiving environments. Each component has been carefully sourced to ensure reliable operation in the field.
- Dual gigabit Ethernet
- Two 10BaseT/100BaseTX/1000BaseT ports
- Uses standard Ethernet OS drivers
- Supported by industry-standard operating systems including Windows 10 and Linux Ubuntu
- On-board magnetically coupled isolation
- No need for off-board magnetics with custom cables
- PCIe signaling
- Compatible with most mini PCIe sockets
- Network boot capability
- Can eliminate local data drives
- Industrial temperature
- -40°C to +85°C operation for harsh environments
- Qualified for high shock and vibration environments
- Latching connector
- Prevents detachment failures
- Class 3 manufacturing
- IPC-A-610 Class 3 for applications requiring extreme reliability
- 10+ year production lifecycle