Texas Instruments' TPSM84A21/22 are easy-to-use integrated power solutions that combines the TPS54A20, a 10 A, DC/DC, synchronous, step-down converter with power MOSFETs, shielded inductors, input and output capacitors, and passives into a low profile package. This total power solution requires only one voltage-setting resistor and eliminates the loop compensation and magnetics part selection from the design process.
The completely integrated power solution allows standard applications to operate with no additional input or output capacitors and only a single external resistor to set the output voltage. High frequency operation, ultra-fast transient response, and accurate voltage regulation allow the TPSM84A21/22 to meet tight regulation specs.
The 9 mm x 15 mm PCB footprint is easy to solder onto a printed circuit board and allows a compact, low-profile, point-of-load design.
Texas Instruments' TPSM84A21 offers an output range from 0.508 V to 1.35 V. The TPSM84A22 offers an output range from 1.2 V to 2.05 V.
- Fully integrated power solution includes input and output capacitors
- Only requires a single voltage setting resistor
- 9 mm x 15 mm footprint
- 2.3 mm max height
- Pin compatible between TPSM84A21/22
- Ultra-fast load step response
- Efficiencies up to 88%
- 1% output voltage accuracy
- 4 MHz switching frequency
- MSL 3 / 245°C peak reflow
- Synchronizes to an external clock
- Power good output
- Pre-bias output start-up
- Programmable undervoltage lockout (UVLO)
- Operating IC junction range: -40°C to +125°C
- Operating ambient range: -40°C to +85°C
- Meets EN55022 Class B emissions
Updated : 2017-06-01