Texas Instruments' TPS23861 is an easy-to-use, flexible, IEEE802.3at PSE solution. As shipped, it automatically manages four 802.3at ports without the need for any external control. The TPS23861 automatically detects Powered Devices (PDs) that have a valid signature, determines power requirements according to classification and applies power. Two-event classification is supported for type-2 PDs. The TPS23861 supports DC disconnection and the external FET architecture allows designers to balance size, efficiency and solution cost requirements.
The unique pin-out enables 2-layer PCB designs via logical grouping and clear upper and lower differentiation of I²C and power pins. This delivers best-in-class thermal performance, Kelvin accuracy and low-build cost.
- IEEE 802.3at quad-port PSE controller
- Auto-detect, classification
- Auto turn-on and disconnect
- Efficient 255 mΩ sense resistor
- Pin-out enables two-layer PCB
- Kelvin current sensing
- 4-point detection
- Optional I²C control and monitoring
- Automatic mode – as shipped
- No external terminal setting required
- No initial I²C communication required