Texas Instruments' bq27411-G1 is an easy-to-configure fuel gauging solution for single-series cell Li-ion battery packs. The device requires minimal configuration and uses One-Time Programmable (OTP) Non-Volatile Memory (NVM) to avoid an initialization download by the system processor.
The bq27411-G1 uses the patented Impedance Track™ algorithm for fuel gauging, and provides information such as remaining battery capacity (mAh), state-of-charge (%), and battery voltage (mV).
The small 12-pin 2.5 mm × 4 mm SON package is ideal for space-constrained applications.
- Single-series cell Li-ion battery fuel gauge
- Resides in battery pack
- Low-value external sense resistor (10 mΩ typical)
- One-Time Programmable (OTP) configuration Non-Volatile Memory (NVM)
- Powered directly from battery with integrated LDO
- 400 kHz I²C serial interface
- Internal temperature sensor or host reported temperature
- Easy-to-configure fuel gauging based on patented Impedance Track technology
- Reports remaining capacity and State of Charge (SOC) with smoothing filter
- Automatically adjusts for battery aging, self-discharge, temperature, and rate changes
- Battery state of health (aging) estimation
- Small 12-pin 2.5 mm × 4 mm SON package