Mass termination capabilities of TE Connectivity AMP connectors AMP-LATCH family of connectors have helped make ribbon cable popular within the electronics industry. The ability to terminate up to 64 conductors simultaneously, without stripping or otherwise preparing the cable, presents obvious labor savings.
AMP-LATCH connectors are wire-to-board devices used to make the transition between cable and PC board circuitry. They find heavy use within equipment to connect one board to another or one subsystem to another. The connectors are also used in input/output applications, connecting different pieces of equipment.
- Connectors recognized under the component program of Underwriters Laboratories Inc. File No. E28476
- Cable recognized under the component program of Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
- Connectors CSA certified, file No. LR-7189
- No Cable stripping; simultaneous termination of all conductors
- Wide selection of sizes in all configurations
- Positive, uniform latching of contacts and housing with cover eliminates cover warping
- Easy, visual inspection of terminations during assembly; electrical probing capability after assembly
- All polymeric parts manufactured from a UL-recognized, 94V-0 rated material
- Receptacles with recessed covers provide positive locking feature for ejection-style pin headers with latches
- Pinless headers with clearance-fit or press-fit onto .025 in. (0.64 mm) sq. posts preinstalled in PC board
- Shielded connectors provide RFI/EMI protection