TE Connectivity's Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connector is fully compatible with existing Z-PACK HM-Zd connectors, but offers an increase in data rate performance of 15 to 20 Gb/s. Enabling this performance upgrade are a reduction in connector and PCB footprint crosstalk, tighter impedance control, reduction of intra-pair skew, and an improvement in the insertion loss characteristics. All of this is achieved in a form factor that is identical to the current industry standard version and therefore fully backward compatible with existing legacy equipment in the field today.
As exemplified by the Z-PACK HM-Zd Plus connector development effort, TE is committed to meeting customer needs as requirements for increased interconnect performance intensify, not only with brand new, state-of-the-art designs but with enhanced versions of existing connector families as well.
- 15 to 20 Gb/s performance
- Fully plug compatible with current Z-PACK HM-Zd backplane connector configurations
- Connector upgrade including reduced crosstalk and skew tighter impedance control, and improved signal throughput
- Ideal for next generation AdvancedTCA designs
- PCB footprint enhanced for lower crosstalk and improved impedance while permitting easier trace routing
- Z-Pack HM-Zd Plus connectors are designed for high speed backplane applicaitons:
- Optical transport