Stackpole’s RNV series of thru hole resistors offer outstanding high voltage surge handling; up to 7 KV for 50 surges per IEC 60065.14.1. In addition, the RNV can withstand harsh environments with very high humidity without significant resistance shift. This robust metal film resistor can also endure prolonged exposure to high temperatures, such as during a high temperature potting process, with no adverse effects on the stability or long term reliability of the device. The RNV is currently available in a ¼ watt size with maximum working voltage of 1600 VDC and maximum overload voltage of 3200 VDC.
The RNV is a popular choice for video monitors, TVs, and displays. This component is also a good choice for medical equipment, electronic ballasts for commercial and industrial lighting, and a wide range of power supply and control applications, power inverters, and AC adaptors.
- High surge handling per IEC60065.14.1 up to 7 KV, 50 times
- Excellent stability and reliability in high moisture environments
- Able to withstand 200°C temperatures for several hours with no long term stability or reliability effects
- Available in tolerances as low as 1%
- TCR = ± 200 ppm
- Resistance range from 100 K to 10 MΩ