The BU21023 series of high-speed, high noise immunity, low-voltage resistive touchscreen controllers is now available from ROHM Semiconductor. These new controllers are the industry's first to enable multi-touch (two-point) operation and intuitive gesture control, including pinching, spreading and, rotating - previously possible only with more expensive capacitive touch systems.
This series of ICs integrate a dedicated analog circuit and CPU for precise two-point coordinate and gesture detection. A calibration function is also built-in which minimizes the effects of panel variations during production as well as fluctuations in touchscreen device characteristics caused by temperature variations or time-based degradation.
- 4-wire resistive touch screen interface
- 3.0 V single power supply
- 4-wire SPI interface / 2-wire serial interface
- Selectable download way of CPU firmware (Host or EEPROM)
- Two points and gesture detection