The automotive industry is facing many challenges as software development for car information systems is growing in scale and complexity. Renesas R-Car starter kits can accelerate the time to market and include features such as autonomous driving and other new functionalities to attractively differentiate vehicles. As more companies are starting automotive software development, there is an urgent need to secure skilled and specialized engineers as well the development environment required for automotive applications. Renesas has developed R-Car starter kits for supporting automotive software development. Automotive Linux platforms can easily be built using the R-Car starter kits, which are standardized by the Automotive Grade Linux (AGL) and GENIVI® open source communities and that are highly extensible and can be used for wide variety of applications.
Since the hardware used has high computing capabilities for automotive and the latest open source software can be used, by having one kit on hand per engineer from the professional community, the engineer can concentrate on advanced development of specialized software allowing them to realize new automotive computing systems quickly.
- Compliant with ISO 26262 (ASIL-B) functionality safety standard for automotive
- Optimized functions and performance enables use in a wide range of applications
- Availability of SIP modules with external memory to reduce the design workload
- Compatibility with previous products enables use of existing ecosystem and access to over 180 R-Car consortium partners
- System-on-chip (SoC) for automotive using brand-new architecture, enabling highest level of performance (H3 kit only)