SN-GC Series Laser Type Particulate Matter (PM) Sensor
Panasonic expands its sensor technology offering to include the laser type particulate matter sensor
Panasonic's laser type PM sensor is an addition to its already broad range of specialty sensor solutions. It is comprised of an on-board microprocessor, micro-fan, and laser diode. This sensor has been programmed so that the fan will operate based on the amount of particle dust surrounding the laser diode so that overall lifespan or usefulness of the sensor can be extended much longer than its average commercially available equivalent.
Featuring a very small footprint of 37 mm x 37 mm x 12 mm, the Panasonic laser type PM sensor can be used to detect a wide variety of PM including, but not limited to, dust, fly ash, soot, smoke, aerosols, fumes, mists and condensing vapors, solid fuels, construction materials, cooking/smoking of plant matter, fireplaces and furnaces, house/forest fires, waste incineration, and much more.
- Panasonic's on-board microprocessor makes it unnecessary for customers to design their own
- The inclusion of a micro-fan is more efficient than simply having a heating element to draw air into the sensor
- RoHS And REACH compliant
- Panasonic's PM sensor provides more accurate light scattering performance using a laser diode than light-emitting diodes (LEDs)
- Panasonic's proprietary algorithm controls fan and laser diode efficiency for prolonged product life
- Smart city/smart building
- Indoor and outdoor air quality monitoring
- Airborne dust detection
- Near/in clean rooms; semiconductor, PCBD mfg., and more