FUSB307B USB Type-C™ Port Controller with USB-PD
ON Semiconductor’s solution provides integrated Type-C rev. 1.3 detection circuitry enabling manual attach/detach detection
ON Semiconductor's FUSB307B targets system designers looking to implement up to four USB Type-C port controllers (TCPC) with USB-PD capabilities. This solution provides integrated Type-C and PD detection circuitry enabling manual attach/detach detection compliant with the latest standards. Time critical power delivery functionality is handled autonomously, offloading the microprocessor or Type-C port manager (TCPM). The FUSB307B complies with the USB-PD interface specification rev 1.0 as a TCPC for a standardized interface with TCPM.
The 4-port USB-PD source showcases ON Semiconductor's broad portfolio of USB-PD power solutions, including the FUSB307 PD port controller, the FUSB252 HV protection switch, and the NCP81231 buck controller. The universal 200 W AC/DC supply uses the NCP1399 LLC controller, the NCP1615 PFC, and NCP4305 secondary SR controller providing a highly efficient front-end solution. All ports are 100 W capable with a total max system power limited to 200 W using our first come first served power management algorithm. The Strata software provides powerful controls to test power profile configurations (such as optional "assured" port 1 power), experiment with various fault and foldback features, and monitor system telemetry while charging various load devices. Design collateral such as schematics, PCB layout, test reports, and more are supplied in the same Strata interface to ease evaluation.
Learn more about the STR-USBC-4PORT-200W-EVK and other Strata Enabled Platforms here.
- USB-TCPC interface specification rev. 1.0 ver. 1.2 compatible
- USB Type-C rev. 1.3 compatible
- USB-PD rev. 3.0 ver. 1.1 compatible: fast role swap, sink transmit, extended data messages (chunked)
- USB-PD interface specification support: automatic GoodCRC packet response, automatic retries of sending packets, all SOP types supported
- VBUS source and sink control
- Integrated 3 W capable VCONN to CCx switch
- 10-bit VBUS ADC
- Programmable GPIOs
- Four selectable I²C addresses
- Dead battery operation: powered from VBUS; LDO output provides power to TCPM
- Digital cameras
- Rechargeable docks
- Wall adapters