Murata Electronics introduces the SCA3300 series high-performance, 3-axis MEMS accelerometers aimed at a broad range of industrial and automotive applications. Measuring just 7.6 mm x 8.6 mm x 3.3 mm, this small surface-mount sensor offers several measurement ranges of 1.5 g, 3 g, or 6 g and features lower than 10 mg offset stability. The series delivers a very high degree of MEMS sensor attributes with a non-linearity of 0.1 percent and noise density of 37 µg/√Hz. It also boasts an operating temperature range from -40°C to +125°C.
Target functions for the SCA3300 include leveling and alignment systems, inertia measurement units for heavy machinery, navigation systems, automatic guided vehicles (AGV), and construction and surveying tools. It is also well-suited for high accuracy automotive inertia sensing. Specific examples include autonomous driving (ADAS) and intelligent transmission control that can be enabled by sensors.
This product is packaged in a pre-molded, dual flat lead, SMD housing, operates from a 3.3 VDC supply, and consumes only 1 mA during normal operation. These benefits make it suitable for battery powered applications. For example, in its low power mode, consumption drops to about 0.5 mA. Communication with the host application is via an industry standard SPI.
- Small 7.6 mm x 8.6 mm x 3.3mm SMD package
- Offers several measurement ranges of 1.5 g, 3 g, or 6 g and features lower than 10 mg offset stability
- Non-linearity of 0.1% and noise density of 37 μg/√Hz
- Operating temperature range of -40°C to +125°C
- Meets the automotive AEC-Q100 quality standard
- Industrial and automotive leveling and alignment systems
- Inertia measurement units for heavy machinery
- Navigation systems
- Construction and surveying tools
- Automatic guided vehicles (AGV)
- High accuracy automotive inertia sensing
- Intelligent transmission control
Video: SCA3300 Accelerometers Automotive qualified with advanced self diagnostics