The MIC2601/2 from Microchip is a 1.2 MHz/2 MHz, PWM DC/DC boost switching regulator available in a 2 mm x 2 mm MLF® package. High power density is achieved with the MIC2601/2’s internal 40 V/1.2 A switch, allowing it to power large loads in a tiny footprint.
The MIC2601/2 implements constant frequency 1.2 MHz/2 MHz PWM current mode control. The MIC2601/2 offers internal compensation that provides excellent transient response and output regulation performance. The high frequency operation saves board space by allowing small, low-profile external components. The fixed frequency PWM scheme also reduces spurious switching noise and ripple to the input power source.
Soft start reduces in rush current and is programmable via external capacitor.
The MIC2601/2 is available in a 2 mm x 2 mm 8-pin MLF® leadless package. Both devices have an output over-voltage protection feature.
The MIC2601/2 has an operating junction temperature range of –40°C to +125°C.
- Wide input voltage range: 4.5 V to 20 V
- Output voltage adjustable to 40 V
- 1.2 A switch current
- MIC2601 operates at 1.2 MHz
- MIC2602 operates at 2 MHz
- Stable with small size ceramic capacitors
- High efficiency
- Programmable soft start
- >10 µA shutdown current
- Output over-voltage protection
- Over temperature shutdown
- 8-pin 2 mm x 2 mm MLF® package
- -40°C to +125°C junction temperature range
- Multimedia STB/Antenna
- Broadband communications
- TFT-LCD bias supplies
- Bias supply
- Positive output regulators
- SEPIC converters
- DSL applications
- Local boost regulators