Maxim’s MAX98090 is an integrated audio codec that has high-performance and ultra low-power consumption in a small footprint. These features make it ideal for portable applications. This codec has six input pins that can be configured as analog or digital microphone inputs, differential or single-ended line inputs, or as full-scale direct differential inputs.
The record and playback paths feature FlexSound® technology DSP. This DSP includes digital gain and filtering, a bi-quad filter (record), dynamic range control (playback), and a seven-band parametric equalizer (playback) that can improve loudspeaker performance by optimizing the frequency response. The DirectDrive® stereo Class H headphone amplifier provides a ground referenced output eliminating the need for large DC-blocking capacitors. The device also includes a differential receiver (earpiece) amplifier that can be reconfigured as a stereo single-ended line output. The stereo Class D speaker amplifier provides efficient amplification, features low radiated emissions, supports filterless operation, and can drive both 4 Ω and 8 Ω loads.
- Three stereo single-ended/differential analog microphone/line inputs
- Stereo PDM digital microphone input
- 102 dB DR stereo DAC to HP (8 kHz < fS < 96 kHz)
- 3.6 mW stereo playback power consumption
- 99 dB DR stereo ADC (8 kHz < fS < 96 kHz)
- 4.2 mW stereo record power consumption
- Master clock frequencies from 256 x fS to 60 MHz
- Stereo low EMI Class D speaker amplifiers
- Differential receiver amplifier/stereo line output
- Extensive click-and-pop reduction circuitry
- RF immune analog inputs and outputs
- Programmable microphone bias
- I2S/LJ/RJ/TDM digital audio interface