Sentrius™ IG60 Wireless IoT Gateway
Laird Connectivity’s IG60 wirelessly and securely gathers actionable IoT intelligence
Laird Connectivity’s Sentrius IG60 wireless IoT gateway connects Bluetooth® sensors and legacy serial equipment to the Cloud. The IG60 leverages Laird’s 60 series system-on-module (SOM) providing superior enterprise-class Wi-Fi performance plus Bluetooth 5 and enterprise-grade security with the chain of trust security architecture. The IG60 securely collects data via Bluetooth 5, Ethernet, Serial (RS-232/422/485), SD micro, or USB and sends it over high-performance 802.11ac 2x2 MU-MIMO Wi-Fi to the Cloud. It also includes a Cortex® A5 applications processor and an onboard cryptographic engine and is regulatory compliant for FCC, CE, and IC, as well as Bluetooth SIG qualified.
The IG60 is available in two variants, one built around easy and secure integration with Amazon Web Services (AWS) IoT using AWS IoT Greengrass, and the other with Laird Connectivity’s Linux environment.
The IG60 preconfigured for AWS Greengrass is made to easily connect serial equipment or Bluetooth sensors to the AWS Greengrass edge via high-performance Wi-Fi, speeding applications to market. Laird Connectivity’s pre-configured AWS Greengrass sandbox is built with security and stability at the forefront, including hardware root-of-trust based secured firmware and three years of over-the-air security updates. A companion smartphone app helps connect the IG60 to the local Wi-Fi network, provision, and connect directly to customers’ AWS environments.
The Linux based IG60 can serve as the main platform for a product, providing a feature-rich base and complete development ecosystem that speeds designs to market. The Laird-based IG60 includes Laird Connectivity’s Linux board support package (BSP), Eclipse IDE support, and a customizable SDK, all supported long-term by Laird Connectivity.
- Pre-integrated AWS Greengrass and a provisioning mobile app
- A fully SDK to script wireless IoT applications in Python
- A fully secured hardware root-of-trust based on application image
- 3 years of over-the-air security updates
- Laird Connectivity’s Linux BSP
- Eclipse IDE support
- Customizable SDK
- Long-term availability from Laird Connectivity
- Best-in-class Wi-Fi performance: 2 x 2 MU-MIMO for more robust connections
- Multiple ways to connect: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5, Ethernet, Serial, and USB
- Chain of trust security architecture: Signed and secured at every layer to protect devices
- Industry-leading support: Global Tier 2 and FAE support for applications
- Machine condition monitoring
- Industrial devices and sensors
- Healthcare and medical devices