International Rectifier has announced the expansion of its StrongIRFET™ MOSFET portfolio to include 60 V devices for a wide variety of industrial applications including power tools, Light Electric Vehicle (LEV) inverters, DC motor drives, Li-Ion battery pack protection, and Switched Mode Power Supply (SMPS) secondary-side synchronous rectification.
The new family of 60 V StrongIRFET™ power MOSFETs feature ultra-low on-state resistance (RDS(on)) for improved performance in low-frequency applications, very-high-current-carrying capability, soft-body diode, and 3 V typical threshold voltage to improve noise immunity. Each device in the family is 100% avalanche tested at the industry's highest avalanche-current levels to ensure the most robust solution for demanding industrial applications. The devices are available in through-hole and surface-mount D2-PAK packages.
- Brushed motor drive applications
- BLDC motor drive applications
- Battery-powered circuits
- Half- and full-bridge topologies
- Synchronous rectifier applications
- Resonant-mode power supplies
- OR-ing and redundant power switches
- DC/DC and AC/DC converters
- DC/AC inverters
- Improved gate, avalanche and dynamic dV/dt ruggedness
- Fully-characterized capacitance and avalanche SOA
- Enhanced body diode dV/dt and dI/dt capability
- Lead-free, RoHS compliant