HVA Series Amplifier
HVM Technology's HVA series zero-crossing bipolar high-voltage amplifier
HVM Technology’s HVA series is a miniature, bipolar, zero-crossing high voltage amplifier capable of producing a high voltage (up to ±6 kV) in response to a low voltage (0 V to 5 V) programming input. Designed for ease of use, the HVA series contains a dual-polarity high-voltage generator and a high-speed, high-voltage amplifier in a space-saving (3.0” L x 1.5” W x 0.5” H) encapsulated package.
The HVA05XX operates from a 5 VDC input, while the HVA12XX operates from a 12 VDC input. Output voltage is independent of input power voltage and is proportional to the programming voltage (0 V to 5 V produces negative full-scale to positive full-scale output) and features excellent linearity. The HVA series also has an enable input that allows the user to disable the internal high voltage generator.
HVM’s proprietary, ultra-compact resonant converter design minimizes quiescent current and operating noise while delivering maximum performance and reliability.
- Easy-to-use, no external components required
- Bipolar, zero-crossing HV output
- Current sourcing and sinking
- Fast response
- Excellent load and line regulation
- 5 V or 12 V input models available
- Miniature PC board mountable package
- ±1 kV, ±3 kV, and ±6 kV models available
- Wide operating temperature range (-40°C to +60°C)
- Mass spectrometers
- Photomultiplier tubes (PMT)
- Electrostatic detectors
- High-voltage biasing
- Electrostatic chucks
- Piezo devices
- HV amplifiers