HMS Industrial Networks' IXXAT USB-to-CANV2 interfaces are designed for robust and easy connection with CAN-based networks. There are many variants of this device depending on the number and style of interfaces the application requires. With up to two CAN high-speed channels, one CAN low-speed, and a LIN channel, the IXXAT USB-to-CAN will address a wide variety of applications. These are often used for CAN network configuration, diagnostics, and operation. They are compatible with CANopen and J1939 networks as well.
The hardware consists of a USB 2.0 Hi-Speed connection (480 Mbit/sec) and a CAN interface with either D-SUB9 ports or RJ45 ports depending on the variant. Variants can also come with or without fieldbus galvanic isolation. This allows for robust loss-free transmission and receipt of messages in CAN networks at high transmission rates and bus load.
The IXXAT USB-to-CANV2 comes with software drivers for Windows, Linux, and VxWorks. These drivers are easy to use and common to all IXXAT CAN interfaces. The Windows driver comes with a simple CAN bus monitor software for quick CAN bus diagnostics. There is also a free LabVIEW API available for those working with National Instruments' LabVIEW software.
The IXXAT USB-to-CAN is a rugged, reliable, and easy to use tool to connect to a CAN system through a PC.
- Numerous variants depending on the number and style of interfaces required
- Compatible with high-speed and low-speed CAN and LIN communications
- Robust and low-cost CAN interface
- Free and easy to use driver for Windows, Linux, and VxWorks
- Free LabVIEW API
- Simple CAN bus monitor software included
- Compatible with CANopen and J1939 networks
- CAN interface for both industrial and automotive industries
- CAN network configuration, diagnostics, and operation