Based on the successful Anybus® industrial gateway technology, HMS Industrial Networks presents a family of network connectivity products for customers using ControlLogix® and CompactLogix® to seamlessly communicate with Modbus, PROFIBUS, DF1, and serial devices. These devices convert nearly any serial protocol, Modbus, or PROFIBUS to EtherNet/IP and are designed to work with Studio 5000® Logix Designer natively with no need for extra third-party software, licenses, or programming. This makes the Linking Device an ideal solution for those looking to integrate a non-EtherNet/IP device into their ControlLogix or CompactLogix system.
The EtherNet/IP Linking Devices are configured using a custom Add-On Profile for Studio 5000 Logix Designer which dynamically generates data structures for each device connected. No additional add-on instructions are needed. Also, the Linking Devices support automatic generation of named and structured Studio 5000 controller tags, which eliminates the need to create alias tags.
The PROFIBUS and Modbus TCP Linking Devices are designed to support big data, transferring 8 KB and 7 KB of I/O data, respectively, between networks. The data transmission between networks is completely transparent.
All the HMS EtherNet/IP Linking Devices have dual EtherNet/IP ports to support both DLR (device level ring) and linear network topologies. They also come ODVA EtherNet/IP conformance tested.
- Compatible with all ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP
- Seamless integration with Studio 5000 – no 3rd party software or licenses needed
- Custom Add-On Profile eliminates programming
- Capacity to connect multiple devices
- DLR and Linear topologies supported
- DIN rail mountable
- System integrators looking to interface PROFIBUS, Modbus, or serial devices to a ControlLogix and CompactLogix PLCs supporting EtherNet/IP