Anybus® Serial-to-Industrial Protocol Converters
The HMS Anybus Communicator™ is a stand-alone gateway that allows users to integrate their serial devices into a network
HMS Industrial Networks' Anybus Communicators are stand-alone gateways that allow users to integrate serial devices onto a network using an industrial protocol such as EtherNet/IP™, PROFINET, EtherCAT, CANopen, DeviceNet, and Modbus. The Anybus Communicators can convert nearly any type of serial protocol such as Modbus RTU, ASCII, DF1, or any other type of proprietary query/response or produce/consume protocol. The gateway converts the serial data and makes it available to the master PLC/controller as easily processed I/O data. This makes it an ideal solution for system integrators to retrofit older automation devices into modern communication structures. Each communicator can connect up to 31 serial nodes onto one network.
The Anybus Communicator is designed for IP20 and DIN rail mounting with a 24 V power supply. It comes conformance-tested to the specific protocol which guarantees network compatibility with other network devices and PLCs.
No high-level programming skills are needed to set up the Anybus Communicator. HMS provides a free and easy-to-use Windows application called Anybus Configuration Manager (ACM) to configure the gateway for an application. The software has multi-language support for English, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Polish, Russian, Chinese, and Japanese.
HMS also provides all the configuration files needed to connect to a PLC/controller such as EDS files, ESI files, GSD files, and others. This, combined with Anybus' documentation of applications notes, setup videos, user manuals, and support, make this product easy to set up.
- Connectivity for up to 31 nodes through one Communicator
- Necessary configuration software is included
- Requires no software or hardware changes to be made to the connected device
- Converts nearly any serial protocol based on RS-232/422/485
- Connects to all PLCs that support the protocol that the gateway supports
- Intelligent I/O data mapping within the Communicator permits even devices with slow serial communication to be integrated without any restrictions to the upper network
- Saves machine builders and device manufacturers of integrating specific network interfaces
- Connecting to serial devices such as variable frequency drives, sensors, actuators, human machine interfaces (HMI), barcode readers, RFID readers, industrial scales
- System integrators looking to retrofit older automation devices into modern communication networks
Anybus Serial to Industrial Protocol Converters
|Image||Manufacturer Part Number||Description||Available Quantity||View Details|
|AB7072-B||SERIAL-ETHERNET/IP CONVERTER||13 - Immediate||View Details|
|AB7010-B||SERIAL-MODBUS RTU CONVERTER||4 - Immediate||View Details|
|AB7001-C||SERIAL-DEVICENET CONVERTER||4 - Immediate||View Details|
|AB7003-B||SERIAL-CANOPEN CONVERTER||5 - Immediate||View Details|
|AB7013-C||SERIAL-PROFINET CONVERTER||0||View Details|
|AB7061-C||SERIAL-ETHERCAT CONVERTER||5 - Immediate||View Details|
|AB7007-C||SERIAL-ETHERNET/IP CONVERTER||4 - Immediate||View Details|