Diodes Incorporated introduces a complete family of dual-gate, advanced, ultra-low-power CMOS logic devices. Designed for low-voltage, low-energy operation, the miniature 74AUP2G family extends the battery cell lifetime of a variety of hand-held consumer electronics, including cell phones, e-book readers, and tablets. With a leakage current of less than 0.9 µA, the logic devices’ static power consumption is low; and a typical power dissipation capacitance of 6 pF at 3.6 V means dynamic power consumption is also minimized. Operating over the 0.8 V to 3.6 V range, the 74AUP2G family enables circuit supplies to be reduced to lowest practical levels.
The ultra-low-power 74AUP2G logic family is initially comprised of seven different dual-gate devices offering combinations of inversion and buffering functions: inverters; inverters with open-drain output; buffers; buffers with open-drain output; Schmitt trigger inverters and Schmitt trigger buffers. To more closely meet the requirements of next-generation product sizing and manufacturing processes, each dual-gate logic device is provided in a choice of three different leadless packages: DFN0910, DFN1010 and DFN1410. Measuring just 0.9 mm x 1.0 mm x 0.35 mm, the DFN0910 is one of the world’s smallest 6-pin packages, enabling both space and weight savings.
8-pin Miniature Logic Devices
The latest 74AUP2G logic devices help extend battery cell life in a variety of super slim, next-generation portable products, such as smart phones and tablets, by supporting low-voltage, low-power system design.
Operating over a 0.8 V to 3.6 V supply voltage range, these new parts support extremely low system voltages while delivering a standard ±4 mA output. With quiescent current less than 0.9 μA, static power consumption is low, while the typical CPD rating of 6 pF at 3.6 V reduces dynamic power consumption.
Seven dual gate logic functions are offered: AND, NAND, OR, NOR, XOR and a choice of two tri-state buffers. With a footprint of only 1.2 mm x 1.0 mm and a height of just 0.35 mm, the DFN1210 format is one of the world’s smallest 8-pin packages.
- Advanced ultra-low-power (AUP) CMOS
- Supply voltage range from 0.8 V to 3.6 V
- ±4 mA output drive at 3.0 V
- Low static power consumption
- ICC < 0.9 μA
- Low dynamic power consumption
- Schmitt trigger action at all inputs makes the circuit tolerant for slower input rise and fall time
- IOFF supports partial-power-down mode operation
- PCs, networking, notebooks, netbooks, PDAs
- Tablet computers, E-readers
- Computer peripherals, hard drives, CD / DVD ROM
- TV, DVD, DVR, set-top box
- Cell phones, personal navigation / GPS
- MP3 players, cameras, video recorders