The Digilent Pmod™ CAN is a CAN 2.0B controller with an integrated transceiver. The embedded Microchip MCP25625 chip connects directly to the physical CAN bus and meets automotive requirements for high speed (1 Mb/s), low quiescent current, electromagnetic compatibility, and electrostatic discharge. The Pmod™ CAN enables CAN communication between a variety of external devices and microcontroller and field programmable gate array (FPGA) development boards. With libraries and example codes, users can easily interface Pmod™ CAN with Digilent Basys MX3™, PIC32 microcontroller board, and a range of Digilent FPGA boards featuring the Xilinx 7 series FPGA device as well as Arduino boards.
The MCP25625 from Microchip Technology is a complete, cost-effective, and small-footprint CAN solution that can be easily added to any microcontroller with an available serial peripheral interface (SPI). The MCP25625 interfaces directly with microcontrollers operating at 2.7 V to 5.5 V. No external level shifters are required in designs. In addition, the MCP25625 connects directly to the physical CAN bus, supporting all requirements for CAN high-speed transceivers.
- CAN 2.0B controller with integrated transceiver
- Suitable for automotive applications
- Up to 1 Mb/s operation
- Up to 10 MHz SPI clock speed
- Standard DB9 connector for secure connection
- Small PCB size for flexible designs 1.4" × 1.8" (3.6 cm × 4.6 cm)
- 12-pin Pmod™ connector with SPI
- Follows the Digilent Pmod™ interface specification 1.1.0 type 2A
- Home automation
- Industrial automation