Amber Wireless a Division of Wurth Electronics offers compact and low-cost radio data transmission modules for wireless half-duplex communication. The integrated microprocessors control data communication, handling packet and checksum formation, addressing, monitoring of channel access, and resending not-received packets. The host systems do not have to perform any radio-specific tasks.
The modules can be configured in many ways and support data transfer with fast channel and address switching. Measured field strength (RSSI value) offers the option of enhancing the quality of the radio link. The GUI for the freely available Windows application AMBER-ACC makes it easy to set operating parameters.
Each module connects to a host system via the UART interface with bit rates of up to 115.2 kBaud. Other pins can be used for data flow control and to switch between operating modes. If the appropriate firmware is used, the module is also suitable for autonomously recording digital or analog signals.
- 169 MHz, 434 MHz, 868 MHz, 915 MHz, and 2.4 GHz frequency bands
- Robust, proprietary AMBER Standard Software Stack
- Serial cable replacements
- Hosted and hostless operation modes
- UART interfaces (SPI optional)
- Mesh network solutions for selected radio modules
- Transparent and addressed data transmission modes