Adafruit's Circuit Playground development board is here - and it is the best way to practice programming on real hardware with no soldering required!
Circuit Playground features an ATmega32u4 processor, just like their popular Flora. The board is also round and has alligator-clip pads around it so you don't have to solder or sew to make it work. You can power it from USB, a AAA battery pack, or with a Lipoly battery (for advanced users). Just program your code into the board, and then take it on the go!
- ATmega32u4 processor, running at 3.3 V and 8 MHz
- MicroUSB port for programming and debugging with Arduino IDE
- USB port can act like serial port, keyboard, mouse, joystick, or MIDI
Circuit Playground development board has built-in USB support. Built-in USB means you plug it in to program it and it just shows up. All you need is a Micro-B USB cable - no additional purchases are necessary! With the new 1.6.4+ Arduino IDE, it takes only a few seconds to add support. The Circuit Playground has USB HID support so it can act like a mouse or keyboard and attach directly to computers.
Introducing Circuit Playground
- 10 x mini NeoPixels, each one can display any color
- 1 x motion sensor (LIS3DH triple-axis accelerometer with tap detection, free-fall detection)
- 1 x temperature sensor (thermistor)
- 1 x light sensor (phototransistor)
- 1 x sound sensor (MEMS microphone)
- 1 x mini speaker (magnetic buzzer)
- 2 x push buttons, left and right
- 1 x slide switch
- 8 x alligator-clip friendly input/output pins including I2C, UART, and 4 pins that can do analog inputs/PWM output
- All 8 pads can act as capacitive touch inputs
- Green "ON" LED to show its powered
- Red "#13" LED for basic blinking
- Reset button
Design with Scheme-it™ Today
Want to expand the playground? Use Digi-Key's free ideation tool and let your creativity flow. The Circuit Playground is included at both a block diagram and board level.