XM112 Pulsed Coherent Radar Module
Acconeer’s XM112 pulsed coherent radar module offers high precision distance measurement with mm accuracy and high update frequency
The pulsed coherent radar module XM112 from Acconeer is a 24 mm x 16 mm module that integrates the A111 pulsed coherent radar and a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M7 ATSAME70Q20A microprocessor on the same printed circuit board (PCB). The ATSAME70Q20A is equipped with 384 Kbytes SRAM and 1 MB Flash and has a maximum core processor frequency of 300 MHz. The XM112 is designed with the intention that it should be integrated into a product via the slim 30-pin board-to-board connector to decrease users' cost and time for bringing a product to market, but can also be used as an evaluation kit for the A111 pulsed coherent radar together with the breakout board XB112.
The module can be controlled either by an external host via a register command protocol with an SPI, I2C, or UART interface, or software can be executed directly on the Arm Cortex-M7. In the first case, a customized module software is embedded on top of the Acconeer radar system software (RSS) using the RSS Application Programming Interface (API). This module software and Acconeer's software development kit (SDK) for stand-alone usage of XM112 is available for download via the Acconeer web page (www.acconeer.com). The Acconeer exploration tool, which can be downloaded from github.com/Acconeer, allows customers to easily view and get acquainted with the radar output and to start developing advanced applications.
The module is supplied by a single 1.8 V external power supply. To quickly get the XM112 up and running, it is recommended to use it together with the breakout board XB112. The XB112 is powered via a standard 5 V USB cable and contains a 1.8 V power supply as well as a USB-UART converter, so that the XM112 can be controlled from an external host computer via the USB port. The XB112 also facilitates flashing of the XM112 via the USB-UART interface. The module is suitable for applications in various market segments such as IoT, automotive, industrial, robots, drones, smart cities, healthcare, mobile and wearables, and power tools.
- Small form factor: 24 mm x 16 mm
- A111 60 GHz pulsed coherent radar
- Arm Cortex-M7 ATSAME70Q20A microprocessor
- 1.8 V single supply operating voltage
- Operating temperature: -40°C to +85°C
- External interfaces: SPI, UART, and I2C
- SWD interface for SW Flash and debug
- Slim 30-pin board-to-board connector
- Module software, SDK, and Exploration tool available for download
- High precision distance measurement with mm accuracy and high update frequency
- Tank level measurement
- Waste bin level measurement
- Obstacle detection
- Motion detection
- Monitor vital life signs such as breathing rate
- Parking lot sensing
- Relative measurement with µm accuracy