THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - September 30, 2016
Maker.io and Adafruit "Roboface" LED backpack project available through TechShop
During World Maker Faire New York October 1- 2, Digi-Key Electronics, a global electronic components distributor, and it's maker tool, Maker.io will be exhibiting the latest technologies from maker-friendly suppliers such as Adafruit, SparkFun, and SEEED Studios. The company will also be sponsoring the Maker to Market stage where close to 30 visionaries will present sessions sharing their expertise on taking designs from Maker to Market.
Digi-Key will also be announcing a partnership with TechShop where certain projects from the Maker.io website will be turned into an educational course that will be offered at TechShops across the country. The program called "tryIt@TechShop" is a great opportunity for Makers, Maker Professionals and Professional Engineers to get hands-on experience with today's most relevant technology products and solutions.
"We are excited about the tryIt@TechShop partnership", said Dan Woods, CEO of TechShop. "Digi-Key is a company we have always admired and the ability to leverage their product and support leadership at local TechShop locations will provide a huge value to our community."
In addition, Digi-Key will be highlighting the Maker.io video series, Maker to Market, conducted in conjunction with Adafruit Industries. The series of 10 videos follows Ladyada, Limor Fried, through all stages of the design roadmap highlighted on the Maker.io website from concept through design and production all the way to distribution and support as she brings the Circuit Playground design to life.
"The community acceptance of these videos has been absolutely astounding," said David Sandys, Director of Technical and Strategic Marketing at Digi-Key. "With tens of thousands of views there is no better way for aspiring Maker Professionals than to learn from the visionary of our time. Ladyada is truly best-in-class."
In addition to Maker.io, Digi-Key will also be highlighting the following items at both World Maker Faire New York and Maker Faire Rome:
- Adafruit Circuit Playground – Come see the latest creation from Ladyada. The Circuit Playground is an ideal sensor-based solution to help young and future engineers learn how to bring designs and ideas to life. It includes a motion, light, sound, and temperature sensor, speaker/buzzer, 10 neo-pixel LEDs, and can be programmed via the Arduino IDE.
- For New York they will also have the Epic Playground. A huge version of the Circuit Playground that is 4 feet in diameter.
- SparkFun Sparcade – Test your skills on this Intel Edison-based game that functions similarly to the classic arcade platform Tempest.
- Beaglebone Green Wireless Blinds – See how easy it is to create your own temperature and light sensitive window blinds.
- Initial State live data streaming, aggregation and visualization – Come see the latest solution for sensor-based IoT designs.
- Digi-Key tools and resources – Interact with some of the best tools available to help take your designs from concept through to production. Learn about Maker.io and its vision to bring solutions from Maker to Market. Interact with Scheme-it, an ideation tool available that allows designers to get their concepts started in an easy-to-use graphical format.
- Much, much, more!
For those who will be unable to attend the World Maker Faire New York event, Digi-Key will be sponsoring a live stream via Twitch and will make certain videos available via the Maker.io YouTube channel.
Maker.io is powered by Digi-Key Electronics and provides tools and resources to support maker professionals through the design roadmap from concept through production to marketing, distribution and support. The website also provides leading edge content, projects, videos and blogs from maker-friendly visionaries like Adafruit Industries, SparkFun Electronics and SEEED Studios. Visitors can also upload their private project information to help follow the roadmap and bring their product to life and if they choose they could make their project public and share with the community. All of this can be found at Maker.io.
About Digi-Key Electronics
Digi-Key Electronics, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than three million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available at www.digikey.com.