THIEF RIVER FALLS, Minnesota, USA - August 15, 2012
Global electronic components distributor Digi-Key Corporation, recognized by design engineers as having the industry's broadest selection of electronic components available for immediate shipment, today announced Honeywell's HMC5983 3-Axis Digital Compass ICs are now in stock.
- Honeywell Part # HMC5983 (Digi-Key Part # 342-1092-1-ND)
The Honeywell HMC5983 is a temperature compensated, three-axis, integrated circuit magnetometer. It is a surface-mount, multi-chip module designed for low-field magnetic sensing for applications such as automotive and personal navigation, vehicle detection, and pointing.
The HMC5983 includes Honeywell's state-of-the-art, high-resolution HMC118X series magnetoresistive sensors plus an ASIC containing amplification, automatic degassing strap drivers, offset cancellation, and a 12-bit ADC that enables 1° to 2° compass heading accuracy.
- 3-axis magnetoresistive sensors and ASIC in a 3.0 x 3.0 x 0.9 mm LCC SMT package
- Automatic offset compensation
- 12-bit ADC, coupled with low noise AMR sensors, achieves 2 milli-gauss field resolution
- I2C or SPI digital interface
- Fast 220 Hz maximum output rate
- Built-in self-test
- Low voltage operations (2.16 to 3.6 V) and low power consumption (100 µA)
About Digi-Key Corporation
Digi-Key Corporation, based in Thief River Falls, Minn., is a global, full-service provider of both prototype/design and production quantities of electronic components, offering more than three million products from over 650 quality name-brand manufacturers. With over one million products in stock and an impressive selection of online resources, Digi-Key is committed to stocking the broadest range of electronic components in the industry and providing the best service possible to its customers. Additional information and access to Digi-Key's broad product offering is available on the Digi-Key website.