- Features & Applications
- Buy Now
0603L Surface Mount PPTC Series
|Littelfuse is pleased to introduce the new 0603L surface mount PPTC (polymer positive temperature coefficient thermistor) series, the newest and smallest edition to the Littelfuse Polyfuse® PTC line.
Available in 4 hold current ranges 0.10A, 0.20A, 0.25A and 0.35A, each device is certified by both TUV and UL and possess a maximum fault current rating of 40A.
Similar to traditional fuses though automatically resettable, PPTCs provide overcurrent protection of sensitive electronics. PPTCs increase resistance as temperature increases due to increased current flow. They limit unsafe currents while allowing constant safe current levels, and reset when the current and temperature returns to a safe level.
PPTCs are typically used in sensitive electronic applications where frequent over-current conditions can occur, constant system uptime is required, and automatic resetting desired.
With its ultra-small size and resetability, the 0603L series is ideal where miniaturization is desired, space is limited, and limited accessibility (due to size or location) is a factor.
- Fast Response to Fault Currents
- Low Profile
- Compact Design Saves Board Space
- No other company currently offers the ultra-small size and ranges available in this type of PPTC device
- RoHS Compliant / Lead Free and TUV and UL Certified
- Compatible with High Temperature Solders
- Low Resistance
- Reliable and Resettable Overcurrent Protection for Sensitive Electronics
- Low Maintenance Alternative
- Can Serve the Smallest of Devices
- Environmental and Import/Export Friendly
- May be a better alternative than a fuse
for the application
- A great overcurrent protection alternative for miniature devices
- Hand held devices:
Cell phone, MP3, Camera, PDA
Audio/Data/video cards, LCD displays, USB Thumb Drives and other data storage devices
||Solder-Plated Copper / Solder Material: Matte Tin (Sn)
||Meets EIA Specifications RS186-9E, ANSI/J-STD-002, Category 3
||-40°C to +85°C
|Max. Device Surface Temp.
||125°C (in Tripped State)
||+85°C, 1000 hours
-/+ 15% typical resistance change
||+85°C, 85% R.H., 100 hours
-/+15% typical resistance change
||MIL-STD-202, Method 107G
+85°C/-40°C 20 times
-30% typical resistance change
||MIL-STD-202, Method 215 / No change
||MIL-STD-883C, Method 2007.1, Condition A / No change
|Moisture Sensitivity Level
||Level 2, J-STD-020C