Skip navigation
TechXchange
Digi-Key TechXchange Communities > Projects and Designs > Discussions
1903 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Apr 23, 2014 9:09 PM by papalyle RSS
Currently Being Moderated

Apr 22, 2014 11:22 AM

High Voltage Power Supply

I have a friend working on a project in school and she's asked for my help.  I have no idea, so I'm looking for some help out here.

She's doing a project based on a half bridge converter of IR2153 which could produce a high output voltage using the LTspice simulation by means of half bridge topology.

We're wondering why the voltage across the two capacitors (indicated in the image)  wasn't given as half the voltage source.  We thought that it would be from what we understand of the theory of half bridge voltage source inverter. Can someone explain why the voltage across these two capacitor was not Vs/2? Does it have something to do with some interference produced by the transformer in the cicuit? Thanks in advance.

• papalyle Novice 55 posts since
    Apr 6, 2014
    Currently Being Moderated
    Apr 23, 2014 9:09 PM (in response to Riley)
    High Voltage Power Supply

R;ley,

I looks like her circuit went into oscillation. This requires some positive feedback from somewhere. My eye sight is bad so I cannot read the schematic too well, so I don;t see

the path, but look it over good for her. That diode across the topof the package shorted looks  suspicious.

papalyle

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• Correct Answers - 4 points
  • Helpful Answers - 3 points