Power Integrations - Power Integrations is the leading supplier of high-voltage analog integrated circuits for energy-efficient power conversion. The company's innovative technology enables compact, energy-efficient power supplies in a wide range of electronic applications, including LED lighting, cell phone chargers, computers, LCD TVs, DVD players, set-top boxes, home appliances, telecom networking equipment, and many others.
- LED Lighting
Digi-Key’s library of more than 2000 exclusive PTM Online… On Demand® product training modules is a collection of training tools created with you – the busy design engineer – in mind. They are provided with the cooperation of participating supplier partners. From this one source, you can learn about the latest products and technologies, download datasheets, check inventory, contact our technical staff, and place an order for same-day shipment.
These modules are available in audio and non-audio formats and listed by supplier in easy-to-find alphabetical order. Simply locate the module that interests you and click on your format of choice. We hope you find these tools useful, and with new modules added continuously, we invite you to stop back often to see what’s new.
Product Training Modules Online...On Demand® is a registered trademark of Digi-Key Corporation.
= Updated Product Training Module - PTM
= New Product Training Module - PTM
To view modules, you will need Adobe Flash Player 9, or greater, installed on your computer. Adobe Flash Player is available FREE from Adobe.
Flash Player | Flash Player Support Center
|LYTSwitch™-0 LED Driver ICs - Power Integrations' LYTSwitch-0 family is specifically designed for non-isolated, non-dimming LED bulbs and T8 tube applications. LYTSwitch-0 devices integrate a 700 V power MOSFET, oscillator, simple ON/OFF control scheme, high-voltage switched current source, cycle-by-cycle current limit, and thermal shutdown circuitry into a monolithic IC.
|LYTSwitch-4 LED Driver ICs - Power Integrations' LYTSwitch family enables offline LED drivers with high power factor, which easily meet international requirements for THD and harmonics. Tightly-regulated output current, with better than ±5% CC tolerance, enables efficiency of up to 92% in typical applications.
PI Expert® Suite v9.0 simplifies the design of off-line power supplies and DC-DC converters based on PI products.
New features in PI Expert v9.0 include:
- Full support for TOPSwitch-JX family in PI Expert.
- Application has a new look: User Interface is now based on new Microsoft standards for GUI.
- Board Layout Recommendations Design View is enhanced and now can show highlighted area corresponding to specific selected statement.
- Component Library updates new components: Fuses, Fusible Resistors, Thermistors, Shunt Regulators, Optocouplers, and Heatsinks.
- Export to Rich Text Format is now supported in PI Expert.
- Download the software now!
|Power Supply Design Support Forums
Visit the PI Design Support Forum to discuss general technical questions with PI Engineers and the rest of the Power Integrations' design community.
|Read Mr. Green's Blog
Interested in energy efficiency standards, regulations, and other green matters? Read about the latest news and developments in the world of energy efficiency in Mr. Green's blog.
|More about Power Integrations
Power Integrations (PI) offers several product families, each available in a range of package options. Products include: LED Lighting
- LYTSwitch™-0 - Lowest Component Count, Off-Line Switcher IC for Non-Isolated LED Lighting Applications
- LYTSwitch™-4 - Single-Stage Accurate Primary-Side Constant Current (CC) Controller
- LinkSwitch™-PH - Single-Stage PFC with Primary-Side CC, TRIAC-dimmable LED Driver IC
- LinkSwitch-PL - Single Stage PFC with CC Output, TRIAC-dimmable LED Driver IC for Non-Isolated Applications
- Qspeed™ H-Series – Lowest reverse recovery losses for the highest efficiency
- Qspeed Q-Series – Softest reverse recovery for the best EMI performance
- Qspeed X-Series – Best value performance in terms of cost and low reverse recovery losses
- LinkSwitch - Applications include: low power adapters and chargers, as well as auxiliary supplies employed in applications such as white goods
- TinySwitch™ - Applications include: chargers/adapters for cell/cordless phones, PDAs, digital cameras, MP3/portable audio, shavers etc.
- LinkZero™ - Zero No-Load and Standby Consumption Integrated Off Line Switchers
- TOPSwitch™ – Incorporates a high power MOSFET, PWM control, fault protection, and other control circuitry onto a single chip. Suitable for applications such as LCD monitors, personal computers, small servers, laptop adapters, set-top boxes, and digital TVs.
- HiperPFS™ - High Power PFC Controller with Integrated High-Voltage MOSFET
- HiperTFS™ - Combined Two-Switch Forward and Flyback Power Supply with Integrated High Voltage MOSFETs
- HiperPLC™ - Continuous Mode PFC & LLC Controller with Integrated Half Bridge Drivers
PI products are supported by the company’s industry-leading design tools and documentation. Design tools include:
For more information, visit the Power Integrations website
Featured designs for LED Lighting
PI offers several power supply designs for LED lighting.
6 W Non-Dimmable, Non-Isolated Buck LED Driver for GU10 Lamps
RDR-355 is a cost-effective power supply utilizing the LYTSwitch™-0 family in a highly compact buck topology.
12.6 W, Isolated Flyback, Dimmable, Power Factor Corrected LED Driver (RDR-347)
RDR-347 combines industry-leading efficiency, low component count and great dimming.
LYTSwitch™-4 LED Driver ICs
Low Profile T8 (<10 mm), 23 W, Power Factor Corrected LED Driver (DER-318)
DER-318 is for a low profile T8 (<10 mm component height), isolated, high power factor (PF) LED driver.
LED-Driver Design for Replacement of 18 W A19 Bulbs (DER-323)
Power Integrations is pleased to offer DER-323: a non-isolated, buck-boost driver design for an 18 W A19 LED lamp.
Reference Design Report for 75 W Power Factor Corrected LED Driver (RDR-290)
RDR-290 is for a highly efficient (>92%) 75 W LED Driver. This ground-breaking design is the first to present a single-stage, constant current, power factor corrected driver with an output of 75 W.