The current Scheme-it version is 2.4
This version adds the ability to embed schematics into blogs, TechXchange articles or web pages.
- Added Schematic Embed Capability:
- It is now possible to embed a schematic in blog entries, html pages, or TechXchange articles.
- Embedded schematics are read only. Users may zoom in/out and pan. All schematic pages are accessible from the embedded widget.
- Embedded schematics include a BOM page with links to Digikey part numbers, and a BOM order button.
- Added links to Digikey part numbers in the BOM page of the main application.
- Internal code improvements:
- Improved the handling of the project tags in the address so that they are updated properly during save, save-as, new.
- Updates to the share dialog to improve functionality and to add embed links for each project. Simplified the dialog to avoid user confusion.
- Fixed a bug that would cause users to loose a project they were working on as a guest when they log in.
The major feature in this version is the multi-page capability. Users may now have up to 8 schematic pages. Pages can be
given a custom name with up to 15 characters. Additional changes include new schematic symbols, new search capabilities,
and many internal code improvements.
- Added Multi-page capability:
- Add up to 8 total pages for a schmatic.
- Customizable page names with up to 15 characters.
- Quickly navigate between pages with floating page selection buttons.
- Added XLR, RF, and Audio connectors to the symbol library.
- Improved search capabilities:
- Assign part search results to the selected component.
- Improved label placement for rotated components.
- Internal code improvements:
- New messaging mechanism reduces internal object coupling.
- Reworked css float layout to use absolute and relative placement fo major divs.
- Synchronized code base with PartSim sister application.
This release adds schematic sharing and new schematic symbols, along with bug fixes.
- This release adds the ability to share a schematic as a link. The link can direct the recipient to a schematic preview page or directly to the Scheme-it application and the shared schematic. The schematic may be edited and saved as a new schematic for the share recipient.
- Adds more than 30 new schematic symbols, including tube symbols.
- Several bug fixes.
Bug fix release. Also updated the version number to match the internal number. The previous 1.1 release was in fact 2.0 so the notes have been updated to reflect this.
- Fixed bugs and added error checks in wiring code.
- Fixed a bug where project saves failed for some users under certain conditions.
- Improved the error logging mechanism to provide better information when errors occur. This will help the development team resolve bugs more efficiently.
- Added a retry mechanism for export since some users have seen connection failures.
A fairly significant release that reworked the internals of the application. The rework resolved a range of internal issues, and added some new features.
The rework also provided an improved architecture that will facilitate future updates and enhancements.
- Added About page with release notes.
- Improvements to the component label handling. Labels are now child cells of the component
- Added code to support enhanced label placement rules per component. Only a limited number of current components use
the enhanced placement options at this time.
- Improvements for custom symbol generation. Pins are now added directly to the custom symbol and the symbol+pins are treated together as a unit.
- Improvements to the Bill of Material (BOM) handling. Removed redundant part data from the BOM data structures. All part information is stored with the components, rather than a parallel data structure.
- New cell classes provide a more natural code organization for cells, custom components, labels, wires, pins, etc. These model changes require updates to existing project models.
- Re-wrote the custom component mechanism to associate pins with the new component. Custom component now act more like a real component.
- Added java code to update existing model data on the fly. Code executes on the server at project load time.
- Many bug fixes.
Versions 0.1 to 2.0
The original versions of Scheme-it. These released included a number of bug fix and feature enhancements,
along with addition of new symbols.