Omron's Safeguarding Components
Safety Components are required for safety countermeasures in equipment and facilities. They are used for shut-out detection of mechanical guards, checking intrusion into hazardous areas, and building safety circuits.
Emergency Stop Switches
These switches are used to stop equipment and facilities in emergencies. They can be used in safety circuits in combination with Safety Relay Units.
A165E - Emergency Stop Switch (16-dia.)
Separate Construction with Smallest Class of Depth in the World
- Direct opening mechanism to open contacts in emergencies,such as when they are welded.
- Conforms to EN418.
- Includes a safety lock to prevent misuse.
- Features separate construction that allows the Switch to be separated for easier wiring and one-piece construction that allows easier handling.
- Models available with 3 contacts built into a single block (A165E-U).
A22E - Emergency Stop Switch (22-dia./25-dia.)
Install in 22-dia. or 25-dia. Panel Cutout
- Direct opening mechanism to open the circuit when the contact welds
- Safety lock mechanism prevents operating errors.
- Easy mounting and removal of Switch Blocks using a lever.
- Mount three Switch Units in series to improve wiring efficiency (with non-lighted Switch Units, three Units can be mounted for multiple contacts).
- Finger protection mechanism on Switch Unit provided as a standard feature.
- Install using either round, or forked crimp terminals.
- Oil-resistant to IP65 (non-lighted models)/IP65 (lighted models)
- A lock plate is provided as a standard feature to ensure that the control box and switch are not easily separated.
Safety Door Switches
Safety Door Switches detect when mechanical guards or covers are closed. They are available in models using either mechanical or non-contact detection, and operation with special keys or actuators is possible.
D4NL - Guard Lock Safety-door Switch
Best-selling Guard Lock Safety-door Switch Available in Several Compact, Multi-contact Models
- Selectable Operation Key insertion direction and adjustable mounting ensure installation flexibility.
- Built-in switches with multiple-contact construction are available.
- Key holding force of 1,300 N minimum.
- Can be used for either standard loads or microloads.
- Lineup includes models with a conduit size of M20.
- IP67 degree of protection.
- Variety of Metallic Heads Available.
D4NS - Safety-door Switch
Multi-contact, Labor-saving, Environment-friendly, Next-generation Safety-door Switch
- Lineup includes three contact models with 2NC/1NO and 3NC contact forms and MBB models in addition to the previous contact forms 1NC/1NO, and 2NC.
- M12-connector models are available, saving on labor and simplifying replacement.
- Standardized gold-clad contacts provide high contact reliability.
- Applicable to both standard loads and microloads.
- Variety of metallic heads available.
D4BS - Safety-door Switch
The Special Operation Key Activates a Direct Opening Mechanism to Open the Contacts and Shut Off Control Circuits when Protective Doors Are Opened on Machine Tools or Other Equipment
- Conforms to EN (TÜV) standards corresponding to the CE marking.
- Certified by UL and CSA standards.
- The Switch contact is opened by a direct opening mechanism (NC contacts only) when the protective cover is opened. The EN-certified direct opening mechanism is indicated by on the Switch.
- Malfunctions and false operation prevented by special Operation Key.
- Wide temperature range specifications: -40 to 80°C.
- Degree of protection of the switch box: IP67 (EN60947-5-1).
Safety Limit Switches
Safety Limit Switches are limit switches equipped with direct opening mechanisms.
D4N - Safety Limit Switch
Popular Safety Limit Switches Providing a Full Lineup Conforming to International Standards
- Lineup includes models with 1NC/1NO, 2NC, 2NC/1NO and 3NC contact forms. (Slow-action models with MBB contacts are available.)
- M12-connector models are also available, saving on labor and simplifying replacement.
- Standardized gold-clad contacts provide high contact reliability. Can be used with both standard loads and microloads.
- Conforms to EN115, EN81-1, and EN81-2 (slow-action models only).
- Certified standards: UL, EN (TÜV), and CCC
D4B-_N - Safety Limit Switch
Robust safety limit switch with metal housing Slow-action and snap-action contact with certified direct opening operation certification.
- Direct opening mechanism (NC contacts only) added to enable opening contacts when faults occur, such as fused contacts.
- Safety of lever settings ensured using a mechanism that engages a gear between the operating position indicator plate and the lever.
- Equipped with a mechanism that indicates the applicable operating zone, as well as push-button switching to control left and right motion.
- Head seal structure strengthened to improve seal properties (TÜV: IEC IP67, UL: NEMA 3, 4, 4X, 6P, and 13).
- Wide standard operating temperature range:-40 to 80°C (standard type).
- Certified standards: UL, CSA, EN (TÜV), and CCC.
Safety Relays are used to build safety circuits for equipment and facilities. Safety Relays have a forced guided mechanism that enables detecting contact welding.
G7S - Relays with Forcibly Guided Contacts
Compact, Slim Relays Conforming to EN Standards
- Relays with forcibly guided contacts (EN50205 Class A, certified by VDE).
- Supports the CE marking of machinery (Machinery Directive).
- Helps avoid hazardous machine status when used as part of an interlocking circuit.
- Four-pole and six-pole Relays are available.
- The Relay's terminal arrangement simplifies PWB pattern design.
- Reinforced insulation between inputs and outputs. Reinforced insulation between some poles of different polarity.
G9SX - Flexible Safety Unit
Logical AND Function Adds Flexibility to I/O Expansion
- Facilitates partial or complete control system setup.
- Solid-state outputs (excluding Expansion Units).
- Detailed LED indications enable easy diagnosis.
- TÜV SÜD certification for compliance with IEC/EN61508 (SIL3), EN ISO13849-1 (PLe/Safety Category 4).
- Approved by UL and CSA.
- New unit joins the Series with the following two additional features:
- OFF-delay time of up to 150 seconds can be set.
- Two logical AND connection inputs
Sensors that detect the presence of operators near hazardous machines of facilitates.
MC3 - Safety Mat/Safety Mat Controller
New Safety Mat That Is Easy to Install and Maintain
- Connectors make wiring simple - Cables with connectors make wiring easy, even when multiple mats are used.
- Trim that takes wiring and maintenance into consideration - The snap-type trim ensures proper cable installation and simplifies the maintenance and installation of mats.
- Broad product selection ensures compatibility with a wide variety of sites - A variety of mat sizes are available. You can select mats that suit the protected area.
- Complies with international safety standards - The safety mat has received EN1760-1:1998 safety standard certification and complies with ANSI/RIA15.06-1999 and other standards. Meets PLd/Safety Category 3 (EN ISO13849-1: 2008) requirements when used in combination with an MC3 dedicated controller.
SGE/SCC - Safety Edge/Edge Controller
Safety sensors to detect contacts by mounting to moving parts of hazards
- Extensive Lineup - We have prepared a lineup, tailor-made to fit with your devices and applications.
- Easy to Order & Assembly Free - By covering just 4 points, a ready-to-use Safety Edge will be delivered to you:
- Shape - Select a shape from five series as required in your application or equipment
- Wiring - Select wiring from four types (2-wire/connector (male/female) cable, terminating resistor) and cable length from 100 mm to 10,000 mm (in 100 mm increments) for both ends of the Safety Edge.
- Length - Select the length of the Safety Edge between 150 mm to 6,100 mm (in 10 mm increments).
- Mounting Base - An L-shaped mounting base is also provided depending on the mounting location (except the SGE-125 series)