|Micrel's KSZ8873MLLJ is the industrial version of the KSZ8873MLL that operates over the extended temperature range of -40°C to +125°C. It is a highly integrated 3-port switch on a chip IC. Low power consumption, advanced power management, and QoS features enable a new generation of low port count, cost-sensitive and power efficient 10/100Mbps switch systems.
- Advanced Switch Features
- Tail tag mode (1 byte added before FCS) support at port 3 to inform the processor which ingress port receives the packet and its priority
- MAC MII interface supports both MAC mode and PHY mode
- Comprehensive Confi guration Register Access
- Serial management interface (MDC/MDIO) to all PHYs registers and SMI interface (MDC/MDIO) to all registers.
- High-speed SPI (up to 25MHz) and I2C master Interface to all internal registers.
- QoS/CoS Packet Prioritization Support
- Switch Monitoring Features
- MIB counters for fully-compliant statistics gathering 34 MIB counters per port.
- Loop-back support for remote diagnostic of failure.
- Low-Power Dissipation
- Full-chip hardware/software power-down and per port software power down.
- Energy-detect mode support
- Per port based software power-save on PHY (idle link detection, register confi guration preserved)