- megaAVR offers Atmel's widest selection of devices in terms of memories, pin counts, and peripherals, enabling reuse of code and knowledge across projects.
- Selected megaAVR features ultra low power consumption and individually selectable low-power sleep modes that make it ideal for battery-powered applications.
- The megaAVR features on-chip flash, SRAM, internal EEPROM, SPI, TWI, and USART, USB, CAN, and LIN, watchdog timer, a choice of internal or external precision oscillator, and general purpose I/O pins, simplifying design and reducing bill-of-materials.
- Advanced analog capabilities, such as ADC, DAC, built-in temperature sensor and internal voltage reference, brown out detector, a fast analog comparator, and a programmable analog gain amplifier. The high level of integration allows for designs with fewer external analog components.
- megaAVR microcontrollers speed development with powerful in-system programming and on-chip debug. In addition, in-system programming simplifies production line programming and field upgrades.