Texas Instruments' TPS7A47 is designed with bipolar technology primarily for high-accuracy, high-precision instrumentation applications where clean voltage rails are critical to maximize system performance. This feature makes the device ideal for powering operational amplifiers, analog-to-digital converters (ADCs), digital-to-analog converters (DACs), and other high-performance analog circuitry in critical applications such as medical, radio frequency (RF), and test-and-measurement.
In addition, the TPS7A47 is ideal for post-DC/DC converter regulation. By filtering out the output voltage ripple inherent to DC/DC switching conversions, maximum system performance is ensured in sensitive instrumentation, test-and-measurement, audio, and RF applications.
- Input voltage range: +3 to +36 V
- Output voltage noise: 4 µVRMS (10 Hz, 100 kHz)
- Power-supply ripple rejection:
- 82 dB (100 Hz)
- ≥ 55 dB (10 Hz, 10 MHz)
- Output current: 1 A
- Dropout voltage: 307 mV at 1 A
- Two output voltage modes:
- ANY-OUT version (user-programmable output via PCB layout):
- No external feedback resistors or feed-forward capacitors required
- Output voltage range: +1.4 to +20.5 V
- Adjustable version:
- Output voltage range: +1.4 to +34 V