Texas Instruments' TPS62085, TPS62086, and TPS62087 device family are high-frequency, synchronous step-down converters optimized for small solution size and high-efficiency. With an input voltage range of 2.5 to 6.0 V, common battery technologies are supported. The devices focus on high-efficiency step-down conversion over a wide output-current range. At medium to heavy loads, the converter operates in PWM mode and automatically enters Power Save Mode operation at light load to maintain high efficiency over the entire load-current range.
To address the requirements of system power rails, the internal compensation circuit allows a large selection of external output capacitor values ranging from 10 to 150 µF capacitance. Together with its DCS-Control architecture, excellent load transient performance and output voltage regulation accuracy are achieved.
- DCS-control topology
- Up to 95% efficiency
- Hiccup short circuit protection
- Power save mode for light load efficiency
- 100% duty cycle for lowest dropout
- 2.5 to 6.0 V input voltage range
- 17 µA operating quiescent current
- 0.8 V to VIN adjustable output voltage
- 1.8 V and 3.3 V fixed output voltage
- Output discharge and power good output