Texas Instruments' OPA172, OPA2172 and OPA4172 (OPAx172) are a family of 36 V, single-supply, low-noise operational amplifiers with the ability to operate on supplies ranging from +4.5 V (±2.25 V) to +36 V (±18 V). This latest addition of high-voltage CMOS operational amplifiers, in conjunction with the OPAx171 and OPAx170, provide a family of bandwidth, noise, and power options to meet the needs of a wide variety of applications. The OPAx172 are available in micropackages and offer low offset, drift, and quiescent current. These devices also offer wide bandwidth, fast slew rate, and high output current drive capability. The single, dual, and quad versions all have identical specifications for maximum design flexibility.
Unlike most op amps, which are specified at only one supply voltage, the OPAx172 family is specified from +4.5 to +36 V. Input signals beyond the supply rails do not cause phase reversal. The input can operate 100 mV below the negative rail and within 2 V of the top rail during normal operation.
- Wide supply range: +4.5 to +36 V, ±2.25 to ±18 V
- Low offset voltage: ±0.2 mV
- Low offset drift: ±0.3 µV/°C
- Gain bandwidth: 10 MHz
- Low input bias current: ±8 pA
- Low quiescent current: 1.6 mA per amplifier
- Low noise: 6 nV/√Hz
- EMI and RFI filtered inputs
- Input range includes the negative supply
- Input range operates to positive supply