Laird's AA outdoor cooler series is a ruggedized air-to-air thermoelectric assembly (TEA) that uses impingement flow to transfer heat. It offers dependable, compact performance by cooling objects via convection. Heat is absorbed and dissipated through high-density heat exchangers equipped with air-ducted shrouds and brand name fans. The heat-pumping action occurs from custom designed thermoelectric modules that achieve a high-coefficient of performance (COP) to minimize power consumption.
Standard outdoor cooler series run on open loop at either 24 or 48 VDC
operation. Outdoor coolers are also offered with bi-polar control, which operates on a closed loop. Laird offers two types of bi-polar thermostatic controllers that are configured to our most popular temperature set points. The LE-80 controller is programmed to cool when the internal temperature of the enclosure exceeds 35°C and heat when it drops below 5°C. The LK-81 controller is programmed to cool when the internal temperature of the enclosure exceeds 25°C and heat when it drops below 10°C.
This product series has been designed to pass rigorous telcordia test requirements conducted by our customers, such as earthquake resistance, salt fog, wind-driven rain, high-temperature exposure, and dust contaminants. This is due to the selection of world-class components such as brand fans with the highest-degree of environmental protection and lifetime-guaranteed waterproof connectors, heavy-duty anodization on the high-density heat-sinks, overheat protection, and double environmental seals for the thermoelectric modules.
- Wide-operating temperature range from -40°C to 55°C
- Telcordia GR-487-CORE tested and verified by customers when integrated in telecom outdoor enclosures
- Gaskets, connectors, and fans provide a NEMA 4 seal for the enclosure
- UL 60950 and UL 50 approval obtained by customers when integrated in telecom outdoor enclosures
- Environmentally-friendly solid-state operation – no compressor or CFC refrigerants
- Optional bi-polar thermostatic control
- Outdoor telecom enclosures
- Outdoor kiosks and displays
- Harsh condition electronic cabinets
- Battery cabinets